behind.the.scenes

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
Life is about the experience.....here's mine.

12 August, 2009

As I searched the internet for the pieces I was craving for the season, and wondered about ways to wear them, I came across numberous fashion blogs. La, New York, Europe, they all have them, but I couldn't find a decent one for San Francisco. And why not? It's not that their aren't fashionable people here, just stop by Dolores park any sunny afternoon and you'll see what I mean.



With California's casual cool, and knowedge about color and aesthetic that only art students and designers can fathom putting together, San Francisco is an unknown style mecca. Where fashion is more than just the most expensive bags and hottest designer jeans, it's a place where fashion has become an art. Foraging through vintage and resale stores, where DIY actually is a talent among artists and the right jewerly has often been passed down by generations, San Francisco fashion has fused with the culture in such a way that you can't go anywhere without seeing it.


I want to give credit to those fashionists who slave over sewing machines, hunt through rack after rack of bargins, who twist and turn fashion into their own creations like some sort of mad scientist in the hope of becoming infamous....